Internship Documents and Employment Information
This page is your gateway to information about potential employment and information regarding internships in all three emphasis areas. Please check back often as information changes quickly and sometimes job announcements close quickly.
Georgia Southern graduates have been very successful in both finding employment opportunities in RTM and in progressing in highly productive careers. Graduates of the University’s RTM program include directors or superintendents of many regional, community and state parks throughout Georgia, marketing specialists or directors of tourism marketing organizations, the past commissioner of the Department of Natural Resources, the executive director of the Georgia Recreation and Park Association, and the past director of Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites. The network of Georgia Southern University graduates working throughout Georgia and the southeast in recreation and tourism industry careers provides a tremendous resource for job and internship placement.
The Recreation & Tourism Management Program embraces all facets of the leisure service delivery industry and prepares students for rewarding and exciting careers in:
- tourism industry;
- commercial destination attractions;
- entertainment and service businesses;
- regional and community based sport and recreation agencies;
- national and state park systems;
- natural, heritage, and cultural resource management;
- education and preservation organizations;
- non-profit organizations;
- youth serving agencies; and
- recreational therapy with hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers.
The Georgia Southern Recreation & Tourism Management Program has a long tradition of providing hands on learning that is in touch with the needs of a diverse industry – this has resulted in a strong demand for Georgia Southern graduates across the southeast United States.
Last updated: 6/10/2021