MPA Admission Requirements
A student must have the following items in his or her portfolio:
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by the proper regional accrediting association.
- A 2.75 (4.0) cumulative grade point average in undergraduate work.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 must submit official scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 are not required to submit exam scores.
- A current resume detailing relevant work experience.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience.
- Statement of career goals and objectives.
In the following circumstances, applicants who do not meet the above criteria may be admitted:
Provisional admission will be considered for applicants who do not meet one or more of the academic requirements listed above if strong evidence of ability to perform well in graduate work is provided through reference to work experience or other means.
In cases of incomplete admission applications, an applicant must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 and will be restricted to a maximum of three courses without gaining provisional or regular admission status.
In addition to the above admission standards, international students should visit the College of Graduate Studies for eligibility requirements, as well as for information on out-of-country tuition waivers. International prospective students should also visit the Office of International Programs and Services for information on I-20/DS-2019 visa requests.
Please note that the Department of Public and Nonprofit Studies is not able to waive the application fee or pay for international transcript evaluation.
Students interested in summer term admission should contact the department prior to submitting an application.
All graduate assistantship (GA) positions in the Department of Public and Nonprofit Studies have been awarded for the Fall 2022 semester. Information regarding available Spring 2023 positions will be announced at a later date. Additional GA opportunities can be found on the College of Graduate Studies website. Students should reach out to the listed contact(s) for more information about a listed position. Students should also complete the GA application.
Master of Public Administration Info Booklet
Last updated: 3/23/2022