MPA Admission Requirements
A student must have the following items in his or her portfolio:
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by the proper regional accrediting association.
- A 2.75 (4.0) cumulative grade point average in undergraduate work.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 must submit official scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 are not required to submit exam scores.
- A current resume detailing relevant work experience.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience.
- Statement of career goals and objectives.
In the following circumstances, applicants who do not meet the above criteria may be admitted:
Provisional admission will be considered for applicants who do not meet one or more of the academic requirements listed above if strong evidence of ability to perform well in graduate work is provided through reference to work experience or other means.
In cases of incomplete admission applications, an applicant must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 and will be restricted to a maximum of three courses without gaining provisional or regular admission status.
In addition to the above admission standards, international students should visit the College of Graduate Studies for eligibility requirements, as well as for information on out-of-country tuition waivers. International prospective students should also visit the Office of International Programs and Services for information on I-20/DS-2019 visa requests.
Students interested in summer term admission should contact the department prior to submitting an application.
Students interested in applying for a graduate assistantship (GA) position in the Department of Public and Nonprofit Studies should submit a resume and cover letter (discussing research skills) to email@example.com. GA positions for Spring 2022 will be awarded in September 2021. Additional GA opportunities can be found on the College of Graduate Studies website.
Last updated: 7/16/2021