Psychology Coalition (Statesboro Campus)
The Psychology Coalition at Georgia Southern University’s Statesboro Campus is an organization whose goal is to represent the needs and interests of all students interested in psychology. Membership is open to all students with an interest in psychology. Typically, meetings are bi-weekly. Activities include hosting informative speakers, community outreach, and attending conferences.
If you are interested in joining the Psychology Coalition please contact the faculty advisor, Dr. Ryan Couillou.
Get Psych’d (Armstrong Campus)
Get Psych’d at Georgia Southern University’s Armstrong Campus enhances campus life by providing safe, inclusive, and diverse psychology-related service, social, and professional development events for the student body, creating a TRUE BLUE experience. Membership is open to all students with an interest in psychology. Typically, meetings are bi-weekly or monthly. Activities include hosting informative speakers, community outreach, and attending conferences.
If you are interested in joining the Psychology Coalition please contact the faculty advisor, Dr. Virginia (Ginger) Wickline
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications. Students who meet the following requirements will be invited for membership:
Psi Chi Membership Requirements:
- Must be enrolled as a student at Georgia Southern University.
- Applications will be evaluated twice per year for admissions.
- Must have established a GPA.
- Must be at least a second-semester sophomore.
- Must be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature that is equivalent to a psychology major.
- Must have completed at least 9 semester hours of psychology courses at Georgia Southern University.
- Must have an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class based on rankings within sophomore, within junior, and within senior classes (if the cut-off for the top 35% is below 3.00, the applicant must have an overall GPA of at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale).
- Must have a psychology GPA that is at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale.
- Undergraduate students who have transferred to Georgia Southern University and are interested in becoming a Psi Chi member must meet the requirements listed above, plus complete one semester at Georgia Southern University to establish a GPA and complete 9 hours of psychology at Georgia Southern University.
For more information contact the faculty advisor, Dr. Ryan Couillou (on the Statesboro Campus) or Dr. Virginia Wickline (on the Armstrong Campus).
Last updated: 9/14/2020