Dr. Nalanda Roy
Inclusive Excellence Faculty Fellow
Office of Inclusive Excellence
Dr. Nalanda Roy is an Associate Professor of International Studies and Asian Politics in the Department of Political Science and International Studies at Georgia Southern University (Armstrong Campus). Dr. Roy is the associate editor of the Journal of Asian Security and International Affairs published by SAGE. She also serves as the board member for Perspectives on Global Development and Technology, Brill Publications, Journal of the Royal Society for Asian Affairs, Routledge: Taylor and Francis Group. She has published a book titled Bitter Moments- The Story of Indonesian Fragmentation by Minerva Publications in 2015. She has published a book with Rowman & Littlefield titled The South China Sea Disputes- Past, Present, and Future in 2016. Nalanda is the Chair of the Asian committee and on the board of directors with the City of Savannah and works for the Greater Savannah International Alliance.
- Women in Leadership Program, SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University, New York, 2019.
- Ph. D., Global Affairs, Rutgers University, New Jersey, Excellence Fellow, 2013.
- M.A., Sociology and Anthropology, University of Toledo, Ohio. Summa cum laude, 2008.
- M. Phil., International Relations, Jadavpur University, University Grants Commission Fellow, (First Class Honors), India, 2004.
- M.A., International Relations, Jadavpur University, Full Scholarship, India (First Class Honors), 2001.
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Jadavpur University, Full Scholarship, India (First Class Honors), 1999.
Research Expertise / Interest
International relations, comparative politics, Area Studies (South Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Asia-Pacific), China, U.S. foreign policy, international security and immigration, maritime security, energy security, international law, Globalization, and social movements, resistance studies, human rights, and genocide.
Last updated: 9/21/2020