Mediation Club Places 2nd at International Competition
The Mock Mediation Club, which was started on campus last year has already won over 30 different awards at regional, national, and international competitions. The International Intercollegiate Mediation Tournament, held at Brenau University November 6-8, brought together 40 undergraduate teams with 120 competitors. Georgia Southern was represented by Dylan John, Jonathan Quintyne, Tashai Gilman, Jessica Shanken, Giselle Devot, Alec Bunkley, Christopher Hamb, Suhaniya Aumbhagavan and club advisor Dr.Laura Agnich.
The Club placed 2nd overall for collaborative advocacy and has earned the team a special invitation to compete at the International Law School Mediation Tournament in February 2015.
Georgia Southern University brought back the following awards:
- 2nd Place Collaborative Advocacy Team – Jonathan Quintyne, Tashai Gilman, Dylan John
- 9th Place Mediation Team – Jessica Shanken, Giselle Devot, Alec Bunkley
- Mediation Category Semi-Finalist award – Jonathan Quintyne, Tashai Gilman, Dylan John
- Case Ellis Peace Maker Award – Georgia Southern (Suhaniya) & Kennesaw University
- 1st Place Individual Mediator “Stephanie Jennings Memorial Award” – Alec Bunkley
- All American Mediator – Alec Bunkley
- All American Mediator – Dylan John
- All American Advocate – Jonathan Quintyne
- All American Advocate – Dylan John
Posted in Uncategorized