Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
Format: In person on the Statesboro Campus
Credit Hours: 124
Accreditation: CIDA and NASAD
Ranked #1 Public CIDA accredited school in Georgia
Interior Design is both Art + Science.
We focus on “evidence based design” which uses the best available research for design decisions. We focus on human-centered design, sustainability, and human well-being in the built environment.
This is a professional undergraduate education that uses active-learning to prepare students for careers and graduate education in interior design and architecture.
Students explore both commercial and residential design careers. See our careers page for a few examples.
Bachelor of Science Degree
General degree requirements include 124 credit hours with 54 credits in Interior Design.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
About the Georgia Southern Interior Design program:
- We currently have over 250 major students.
- It is taught by five full-time interior design professors.
- The student/faculty ratio is low, enabling professors to give students individual attention.
- Typical studio courses have a maximum of 24 students.
- The faculty work closely with students as advisors and mentors.
- The design faculty hold advanced degrees in interior design or architecture.
- There is a range of expertise, as well certifications like NCIDQ, CAPS, LEED, and professional memberships in groups such as ASID, IIDA and IDEC.
- Learn more about the faculty.
- We also enjoy a brand new state of the art facility.
See more about the impact of interior design with this ASID video:
INDS 3431 History of Interiors being offered online Summer B. Open to all!
- Senior Fashion and Interior Design Senior Show December 1st
- Interior Design Reaccredited for 6 more years by CIDA
- Great time at The Campaign for Georgia Southern Event sharing our VR and human-centered design approach to the built environment with donors and faculty.
- Interior Design and Psychology students present to the CityCome to our Group interior design and psychology senior service-learning December 11th, IAB 10-12pm. The post Interior Design and Psychology students present to the City…
- Christine Wacta, PhD wins Best Presentation AwardDr. Christine Wacta’s presentation/panel discussion on “HCD-Mapping MATRIX-4-INTERIOR DESIGN” was scored using a blind review process and received the Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC) 2023…
For more news, see our School News Page
Located one hour west of the coastal city of Savannah and four hours south of Atlanta, Georgia, our program has proximity to rural areas, intermediate sized cities, metropolitan cities, resorts and coastal regions.
Our unique location affords students varied off-campus opportunities to visit historic sites and contemporary facilities.