The Recreation Program embraces all facets of the leisure service delivery industry and prepares students for rewarding and exciting careers in:
- tourism industry;
- commercial destination attractions;
- entertainment and service businesses;
- regional and community based sport and recreation agencies;
- national and state park systems;
- natural, heritage, and cultural resource management;
- education and preservation organizations;
- non-profit organizations;
- youth serving agencies; and
- recreational therapy with hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers.
The Georgia Southern Recreation Program has a long tradition of providing hands on learning that is in touch with the needs of a diverse industry – this has resulted in a strong demand for Georgia Southern graduates across the southeast United States.
Last updated: 11/17/2017