Gerontology Interdisciplinary Minor
The Gerontology Interdisciplinary minor focuses on the impacts of age on society and the impacts of age on the psychological, physical, social and economic experiences of individuals. A minor in gerontology complements any discipline by providing students with expertise in the aging experience relative to their major area of study.
Students with minors in gerontology can work in a variety of positions:
- State Government or the nonprofit sector
- As geriatric social workers, a geriatric nurses, geriatric physical or occupational therapists or many other health professions focusing on later life
- Design and implement recreational programs for older adults
- Work in public health designing and implementing prevention programs for older adults
- Work in senior housing or a senior living community
- Assist with retirement planning, marketing to older adults or many other business positions focusing on later life
Students who enroll in this minor have an opportunity to volunteer in the Call2Care program.
Last updated: 7/29/2022