The Georgia Southern Child Development Center is accredited by the academy of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and received the highest, three star, Quality Rated accreditation from Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning.
NAEYC accreditation is a national, voluntary system that measures the quality of child care centers and preschool and kindergarten programs. The program is accredited in a five year cycle.
NAEYC-accredited programs meet a higher standard.
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social.
- Use developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate effective teaching approaches.
- Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from injury and illness.
- Employ a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development, and to support families’ diverse needs and interests.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support the achievement of program goals.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal and program management policies so that all children, families and staff have high-quality experiences.
Last updated: 5/4/2021